I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Sunday, January 7, 2018

A BIT LATE ... BUT HERE'S THE CHRISTMAS GOOSE

A free hand drawing of a Toulouse goose. I decided to have him marching off in the snow, heading home.

Thin washes of phthalo blue and permanent rose ...

... then start on the feathers, using browns and greys made with quin. burnt orange, quin. violet and indanthrone.

Bill and feet are quin. sienna.

What possessed me to choose pink I don't know!

So I went over it again with indanthrone, giving it some more depth and more pronounced foot prints.

Every year I get Pat the same gift - a voucher for a nearby nursery/garden centre. She loves her garden [we can both hardly wait till Spring!] and this way we both enjoy the beauty of all the flowers. As usual, I am never ready for Christmas - had my gift certificate but no card. So I quickly made this up. WHEW

Thank you very much for your visit, and I wish you a very happy and fulfilling New Year!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Ah friend what a lovely goose. Your colours are so beautiful and transparent. Hope your new year is off to a great beginning. Have a wonderful week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There he is,,, and he is following that magic paint brush! Beautiful Kat!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting your blog! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your goose! The colours are so soft and beautiful, and his/her footprints are a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do love your Geese, so do I. You must be the goose-master of the world.

    Christmas was chaos: home from 3 months in Australia a week before the Day.... then my daughter got married on the 28th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great feathers :D geese scare me lol they can be so angry

    ReplyDelete